Laptop Question

2Xtreme_lives 18:25 13 Nov 2006

Hello,
I have a quick question, i am purchasing a laptop from my friend, i hear it runs windows 95 and is low spec, (around 32MB RAM,and 600mb hard drive). And i was just curious what type of ram this would take and how i could make upgrades. Thanks!

Technotiger 18:33 13 Nov 2006

Hi, need a bit more info re Laptop, make etc. Personally, unless it was a gift, I don't think it is worth the hassle of upgrading, simply because it is possible to get quite decent spec lappies pretty cheap these days.

Cheers

skidzy 18:34 13 Nov 2006

This is probably not worth the effort im afraid,the os is no longer supported and im guessing the upgrade is going to cost you.

By the time you pay for all the parts,you could buy a xp system from someone such as Dell for the money you are going to spend.

skidzy 18:35 13 Nov 2006

Sorry Techno cross posted you..both thinking along the same lines.

Technotiger 18:37 13 Nov 2006

Hi, no problem, apologies not necessary - the more people giving suggestions the better - even when they are duplicates, often happens.

Cheers.

2Xtreme_lives 18:37 13 Nov 2006

ok, its going to cost me 2 pounds 50, so i can't go wrong :). Its a Microsoft brand laptop from what he tells me.

VoG II 18:39 13 Nov 2006

Try Crucial Memory Advisor™ Tool click here

But I agree - it is hardly going to be worth the effort let alone the cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?