Laptop problems!

cutecub79 14:48 27 Apr 2009

Not sure if anyone can help on this?!

I have a Packard Bell laptop which has been working fine. Last week I installed a wireless router. All seemed fine. The following day I tried to connect my camera, Laptop didnt recognise it. So, I tried my external hardrive, this also wasnt recognised.

Did a bit of research and tried various things to remedy the problems, to no avail. Thought system restore might help, but everytime I tried it said it was unable to restore.

Last night tried to connect to the internet, using previously installed wireless, but to no avail. I can use my netbook to connect to the wireless fine.

I now have no system restore points on my laptop, and im stumped on what could be causing all the problems?! I have run AVG scan, Spybot and a registry clean up.

Im not computer savvy in the slightest, so any help would b much appreciated!!

woodchip 14:50 27 Apr 2009

These items are USB, remove the Battery and the power cord, press and hold Start Switch for ten seconds then retry your hardware

cutecub79 14:54 27 Apr 2009

Thanks, but I have tried that and no change.

woodchip 16:41 27 Apr 2009

Go to Device Manager And right at the bottom expand USN then Uninstall USB from bottom up. Restart Computer to allow Windows to find USB and load Drivers for them. Then try your Hardware

woodchip 16:42 27 Apr 2009

Thast should be USB not USN

cutecub79 10:05 28 Apr 2009

Thanks Woodchip, but tried that too, no change. Would it be worth doing the packard Bell quick restore?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:25 28 Apr 2009

Would it be worth doing the packard Bell quick restore?

Yes but make sure you have backed up all the documents photos and anything else you want to keep before doing the restore.

cutecub79 11:04 28 Apr 2009

Am currently in the middle of putting a load of stuff on CD's and will then give it a go. Hopefully that will work!

woodchip 18:31 28 Apr 2009

not forgetting your e-mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache