Laptop Problems

Tonydxb 11:15 28 Oct 2007

Hi All
Hope somebody can help as i have a lot of information on my laptop that i need to recover.

My problem started last night. All of a sudden my laptop started acting funny. It takes an eternity to boot up and when it does it it comes up with all sorts of errors. I cant get onto my account, it makes me a temporary account to use, but when i use this, it is useless as all icons have no writing after them, buttons dont have either so i dont know what im clicking either.
Please Help

johnnyrocker 11:16 28 Oct 2007

what os do you have?

johnny.

Technotiger 11:21 28 Oct 2007

If you are using XP, perhaps you could try booting into Safe mode and then try a System Restore back a couple of days to when all was ok?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:23 28 Oct 2007

click here have usb connectors if all else fails. You can take out your drive and connect it to another computer...assuming that the drive is OK.

G

Tonydxb 11:35 28 Oct 2007

Im running XP
I get errors like Savedump.exe and rundll.exe

Im in safe mode, but limited to what i can access as i cant read what anything is.

try tapping F8 when booting up and select " Last known good configuration"

Tonydxb 11:51 28 Oct 2007

Tried the last know config, but no better.

Tried a system restore but after clicking it it comes up with another error window but no writing.

crosstrainer 11:53 28 Oct 2007

Make and model of your laptop?

Tonydxb 11:59 28 Oct 2007

IBM Thinkpad T41

Tonydxb 10:39 03 Nov 2007

I Can see my documents, files etc when i go into the system, but i cant copy them onto anything in order to save them. Any suggestions???

wee eddie 11:03 03 Nov 2007

and either slave it to another PC or install it in an Enclosure.

Either way you should then be able to read the Drive and copy the contents to another HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?