Laptop Problems.

Acer-1 20:05 26 Jul 2007

Brought a laptop recently and decided to upgrade the ram due to vista running slowly as i posted about not long ago.

However it was all working good for a while after i installed the ram all last night it was running nice and fast but today i came home from work to find my laptop would'nt boot and then displayed a windows error message saying something along the lines of you should start windows in a safe and repair mode because theres a problem, But then that froze.

So i removed the ram and now it runs after apparently repairing my laptop and putting it back to a point before it was damaged. So after reinstalling lots of windows updates again and a few restarts to make sure its working it seems my laptop is back to its original state.

So what do i do now ? Try and reinstall the ram or send it back ?, or do i send the laptop back ?.

Both the Laptop and Ram were brought from Ebuyer.com and the laptop is a Acer 5050 on their site for £299.99 and the memory is Crucial 1GB DDR2 667MHZ Sodimm 5300 on their site for £30.

[email protected] 20:13 26 Jul 2007

did you do the crucial scan from their website?
I would return the ram personally
click here

Taff™ 06:41 27 Jul 2007

click here and try the free memtest program. It may indicate a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache