Laptop Problem

2Xtreme_lives 09:09 24 Mar 2007

My laptop is starting to irritate me. I want to sell it because it gets on my nerves so much however in its current state i can't shift it. It recently had a fault in xp and i need to repair the OS with the boot CD however the problem is it keeps turning iteself off. After about 5 minutes of usage it bleeps for 3 seconds and turns off. Its not overheating because its not even hot when it happens. All the USBs are faulty and if i try to plug something into them it turns itself off. What can i do? what is the problem?. It never used to turn itself off like this. The laptop is only about a year old, i have tried going into the bios to check temperature but it rarely goes over 60 degrees. What is the problem?
Thankyou Very much
Just in case you need them here are the specs:
Intel Celeron M 1.3GHZ cpu
256mb DDR RAM
64MB SiS intergrated Graphics
30GB Maxtor HDD
Windows XP Prof.

Technotiger 09:12 24 Mar 2007

Hmm, I would first suspect a possibly faulty Power adapter - or a common fault being the actual Power connection inside the laptop.

Greengage 09:38 24 Mar 2007

Are you configured correctly in Power Management? Also have you tried uninstalling the USBs in Device Manager and letting the Laptop re-install on re-boot?

2Xtreme_lives 11:05 24 Mar 2007

The power connection recently got ripped out and i had to replace it with an external adapter. So its because of the power?. The USBS are actually broken due to neglect from my brother greengage, should have mentioned that. Is there a way to stop it from shutting itself down?
Thanks

Technotiger 12:21 24 Mar 2007

Other than getting the Power connection repaired, because it looks as if my first suggestion was probably right, there does not seem to be any alternative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?