laptop printing

Creditman 15:18 06 Mar 2010

I am considering buying a budget laptop for the convenience of using it downstairs. I recently bought a Canon MP550 printer which will have to stay upstairs. Without having wi-fi is it possible to store all printer commands on the laptop so I can later retrieve them & do all my printing at one sitting when upstairs again ? Printing will consist of emails, web pages, data processing documents & photos. Many thanks

Technotiger 15:23 06 Mar 2010

You could install the Printer software on the laptop, ready for when you want to print, then when upstairs with the laptop, just connect the printer and go!

Technotiger 15:29 06 Mar 2010

Use one of these to connect both PC's to printer at same time.click here

Creditman 15:32 06 Mar 2010

Thanks for this,but would I be able to give print commands which are then stored so I can later retrieve them all without having to access the original documents, websites etc ?

Technotiger 15:46 06 Mar 2010

It might be possible by creating a Print Queue. click here or have a look on Google re: Print Queue creating.

Technotiger 15:49 06 Mar 2010

PS - I have not done this myself, so the best I could offer is to point you in, what I think, is the correct direction. Unless anyone else knows better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?