Hope someone can help. I have a Packard Bell IGO4000 series laptop which seems to have died. It has had a habit of shutting down suddenly and I had recently noticed a "whoosing" noise when I switched it on. Nevertheless it was still functioning until a couple of days ago.
The symptoms at present are: If I try to switch it on without mains power it does absolutely nothing. If I attach it to the mains the light that indicates that the battery is charging comes on but is green instead of orange. If I then try to switch it on, the mains power light flickers for a couple of seconds, then nothing. (And the latter is true also if I try it with the battery removed.)
If anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully received.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.