Laptop Pinhole Camera

BoilerOil 17:16 27 Dec 2007

Hi
I have just purchased a MSI PR600 Notebook, I have found my way around and everything works fine, but I have one question, where do I find the software for the pinhole camera

Thank you for your help.

Rod.

CatTrading 17:58 27 Dec 2007

Sould either be pre-installed or come on a disc with the laptop.
Some companies put the drivers on the C: Drive ready for you to install yourself?

MCE2K5 23:03 27 Dec 2007

All o your Drivers (Including - Chicony WebCam Driver) Here, click here

BoilerOil 08:51 28 Dec 2007

I did find the drivers but I don,t know where, what I was looking for and still cannot find is the software to use the camera.

Rod.

jack 10:25 28 Dec 2007

Give us a run down of the pre installed icons on desk top .
I have recently set up an ASUS- for some one and I recall that this came with an icon- something like Lightframe or something similar preinstalled that operated the camera - after a long winded sort of demo.

woodchip 11:16 28 Dec 2007

The drivers will be loaded, but software you will need to use something like NetMeeting to use as a Web Camera. you just download it and start the program Netmeeting will find the camera. There are better Programs than the above. But it is a Starter for you to look at. NetMeeting may be on your Computer

johnnyrocker 11:19 28 Dec 2007

webcams can be used with most messenger services if not all.

johnny

BoilerOil 12:09 28 Dec 2007

There is an application on the desktop in a folder named goyabase at 1GB,I went on MSI website and it is to do with Digital TV which I don,t want.

I have found Wndows Meeting Space but it needs to be setup will that work with the pinhole camera.

Rod.

woodchip 15:27 28 Dec 2007

should do, it's like netmeeting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?