Laptop to PC

denali 13:26 14 Nov 2011

Would someone be kind enough to give me an idiot's!! guide for connecting a laptop to TV?. The TV is seven months old and the laptop is HP, dual boot win7 and xp; five months old. Thank you for any help. PS. I really do mean an idiot's guide

northumbria61 13:33 14 Nov 2011

Take a look here - click on the relevant headings to watch video enter link description here

Strawballs 13:52 14 Nov 2011

If the laptop has an HDMI socket then just use that to connect to the TV boot the laptop wait until it has started change your TV input mode to HDMI then change the laptop output to TV with mine it is the FN button and F3 but it could be a different F button with yours.

denali 18:07 14 Nov 2011

Thank you both very much for your advice. Am I correct in saying,I just plug an HDMI cable between laptop and TV and that is it?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:37 14 Nov 2011

You may also have to enable sound over HDMI in the sound settings of your sound card / chip

denali 13:58 19 Nov 2011

northumbria61 & Strawballs

Sorry for the delay but thank you both very much for your excellent advice.

I plugged the HDMI cable to laptop and PC switched on then all I had to do was press HDMI button on TV and it was up and running in less than a minute. Once more, thank you both very much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thank you also. I did not have to touch the sound because everything worked first time.

PS: How do I close the thread?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:36 19 Nov 2011

Just click on the grey column on the right of one of the answers and it will put in a green tick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?