Laptop to Panasonic TV no sound

tonyq 19:52 26 Jan 2011

I have connected my Toshiba A100 laptop to the Panasonic TV (TX-32LXD700) via VGA cable,and connected a cable from the headphone socket on the laptop to the audio sockets on the tv, I can get a picture but cannot get any sound out of the TV. The sound cable has black and red connectors. The sound connectors on the tv are black and white and say
L R. Please see link below for picture of connections on the rear of the tv.Thanks in advance.
click here

johnnyrocker 19:57 26 Jan 2011

if you are connecting audio to the two sockets right of VGA socket make sure it is not as it says ie audio out over the years most manufacturers confused these and the correct audio feeds might be lower than those.

johnny

GaT7 20:03 26 Jan 2011

If you notice, the audio connectors on the TV are Audio 'Out'. If you want the laptop's sound to play on the TV you need to connect it to Audio 'In'.

But as the TV doesn't have these connectors(?), to be able to do this, I think you'll need a scart adapter with audio 'inputs' like click here. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:03 26 Jan 2011

Looks to me as if you need to use the White and yellow Audio on the Component In

GaT7 20:06 26 Jan 2011

Similar one for 98p delivered click here! G

GaT7 20:07 26 Jan 2011

Fruit Bat, has good eyesight! I think you're right FB. G

johnnyrocker 20:07 26 Jan 2011

i might not have made myself too clear (tend to run off with an idea and write the same). the component section next to scart sockets may contain audio in which should be used

johnny

tonyq 20:11 26 Jan 2011

I have tried connecting to the two sockets you mentioned and also to the sockets at the bottom,and to the sockets on the side of the tv which we have in the past connected a PS3 Box, off which I think are the correct sockets that I should be connecting to. But I cannot get sound out of any of the sets of sockets.

tonyq 20:15 26 Jan 2011

This is the VGA laptop to tv kit I have.
click here
(3 Mtr)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:30 26 Jan 2011

Check the TV menu you may have to change Audio input

tonyq 20:51 26 Jan 2011

click here
this is Page 45,External Equipment. It shows connections to the bottom right. I have tried them and do not get any sound.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?