Overheating is the reason I will never buy a laptop again. Fortunately I'm retired and sedentary so don't need one now. Mine started overheating and the only way to clean it was by splitting the case and blowing out the incredible amount of dust that had accumulated around the processor. To split the case meant disconnecting the floppy lead to the screen and there was no way it would reconnect. So it went to the great computer graveyard in the sky, after the hard disk had an argument with a hammer!
I would be prepared to put money on it being full of fluff. It happened to my wife's 4 year old laptop. remove any covers and blow out with a PC gas can, ordinary compressed air can have water droplets in it.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.