Laptop overheat issue

TamasFlorin 19:01 05 May 2014

So,I have an acer aspire v3-771g and it started to make some strange noise two days ago and I was wondering if it could be due to overheating. HWMonitor: click here click here sometimes some processes like skype use up to 20-30% of my cpu when they are running in the background and that's when the noise gets worse for a few seconds. Videos also makes it worse and I don't really know why could this happen. So if you've got any ideas please answer.

Specs: Also

bumpkin 20:01 05 May 2014

Those temperatures are not high. I would be looking for another cause.

onthelimit1 20:11 05 May 2014

Strange noises? Something in the fan or, if there are clicking noises, possibly the hard drive. There's really nothing else on a laptop to generate noises. What make and model of laptop? Some are easy to check the fan/heatsink (Dell Inspiron, for example) - others need a complete strip.

TamasFlorin 14:35 06 May 2014

@onthelimit1 Laptop: Acer Aspire V3-771G It's the fan that does the noise but the strange thing is that it only starts to make that noise when I log in to windows. Also sometimes the noise is louder(when skype uses 20-30% of my cpu) Could it be a windows problem?Because I am really starting to think it is as most of the time I am only using Chrome and Skype and the CPU goes up to 70-80%. Thanks for answering.

kris594 23:56 12 May 2014

Have you tried to clean out the fan? It seems like the fan is making the noise

alanrwood 09:30 13 May 2014

It is most likely the fan which is being asked to work harder when the cpu is under load. Sounds like the fan is on the way out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?