Laptop mouse pad 'very lazy not receptive'!

wishtobwireless 09:19 10 May 2009

Good morning, I wondered if you could help me with my Toshiba Satellite pro mousepad. It just seems very lazy! If I wish to scroll down the page I often need to very slowly hold the mouse cursor on the 'slider' as it will lose it. Also sometimes I lose the cursor for a few seconds and it will select the whole page and it can be diffuicult to cancel this command! sorry this is quite difficult to explain. I have changed the mousepad speed but htis has not changed anything. Thanks for any help on this....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:39 10 May 2009

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in device manager.

wishtobwireless 18:57 10 May 2009

Pls should I uninstall what is called Alps pointing device or the standard ps/2 keyboard. Also once installed will it be easy to re-install without the mouse pad? cheers (please be gentle i am sort of blonde!)

chub_tor 19:13 10 May 2009

If you go to the Toshiba Support site click here and fill in your laptop details you should be able to find the latest touchpad driver. Alternatively go to the Synaptics support site click here and download it from there.

I used the latter for my Toshiba Satellite P100 and it fixed the "jumping and leaping about mouse pointer problem that I had."

woodchip 19:23 10 May 2009

for draging a page down try using right edge of touch pad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?