Laptop to monitor connection.

PC_Qs 18:58 28 Dec 2007

I have a laptop and a monitor which i would like it to support multi-monitor. I have the ultramon software to split it into multi-screen.

Can someone please advise me on what cable connection i would need to buy in order to connect the two together. Also is there anything i would need to consider before doing this?

Kind regards

woodchip 19:16 28 Dec 2007

You do not connect two togther, If you do not have a Port on your laptop to connect to external monitor then I think you have had it. To set it up after connecting to External Monitor Right Click empty desktop\Properties\Settings\Advanced\Adapter and change the settings to dual monitor if your graphics supports it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 28 Dec 2007

check your laptop has a VGA output socket

It may already have an option to change to output monitor usually Fn + one of the F keys (with a pic of a monitor or little square)

your graphics adaptor should allow you to have LCD only, external monitor only or both which you can then extend the desktop onto the second monitor.

Type of laptop and monitor?

PC_Qs 20:27 28 Dec 2007

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR11S/S and a ViewSonic monitor which i am currently using to contact my desktop.

My question is what cable do i buy to connect the laptop with my currently 20" monitor, as the laptop screen is abit too small for movie and gaming. i know it is a VGA but am not sure what type as there are different heads/pings of VGA.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:03 28 Dec 2007

Does the monitor have a cable?

Vga is standard 9 pin D plug

Donot worry about SVGA it all is nowdays and uses same cable.

check socket on laptop and monitor.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?