Laptop mains charger effects screen resolution

Haski 21:36 31 May 2007

When my Evesham laptop boots using battery power the screen resolution correctly sets itself to 1,200 by 800. If I plug the mains adapter the screen resoltion immediately changes to 800 by 600 and a pop-up window appears titled Pmodeconfg. This has three resolution settings including one that says 'Default'. Clicking on default brings up the correct resolution but if your not quick enough, the screen sets itself to the pre-selected resolution in the window which is 800 by 600. Easy to get around I know but a bit of a pain everytime I want to use mains power. Any ideas folks? The problem only started about 6 weeks ago following some MS updates which automatically downloaded.

STREETWORK 21:38 31 May 2007

If you go into the power settings from control panel you should be able to change this. If its not there than check the graphic driver advanced options...

Haski 22:26 31 May 2007

These were the first places I looked but there doesn't seem to be any settings you can amend to sort this problem out. I have re-installed the graphics driver which didn't help. All my system restore points prior to the MS update don't work anymore either.

woodchip 22:31 31 May 2007

Try installing the Latest Graphics driver from the Laptop Web Site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?