LAPTOP KEYBOARD

Toria 15:15 16 Oct 2008

My keyboard on my laptop is not working - does it mean that I have to get a new one, or is there something else that I can perhaps to get it working again?

birdface 15:28 16 Oct 2008

You can plug in another keyboard and use that.

Technotiger 15:35 16 Oct 2008

Could be any number of reasons, including Malware/Spyware. If you can, I would advise you to run any anti-malware programs you have, AVG etc.

Has anybody spilt anything on it?

Could be a glitch in the Registry, click here might fix that.

T I M B O 15:40 16 Oct 2008

Some keyboards have certain keys that have multy functions, check out the Manuel to make the keyboard work as normal.

Toria 15:43 16 Oct 2008

How do I plug in another keyboard? At the moment when I press any keys all it does is bleeps! I have just download the link, so I will try that and also try my Anti Virus

Technotiger 15:44 16 Oct 2008

A USB keyboard should work fine.

T I M B O 15:45 16 Oct 2008

You will need a usb keyboard, but check out ur instructions booklet 1st, that’s the cheaper option if you don't have a keyboard knocking about.

Toria 15:49 16 Oct 2008

I don't have an instruction booklet as the laptop was given to me but with no instructions! It has been working fine until this happen

T I M B O 15:51 16 Oct 2008

If you furnish us with the make and manufacture, then i can get the info you need via the web

Toria 15:54 16 Oct 2008

I don't have an instruction booklet as the laptop was given to me but with no instructions! It has been working fine until this happen

Toria 16:05 16 Oct 2008

Hi, It is a DELL Latitude - is that all the info you need?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?