Laptop Keeps "forgetting connection"!

diver9 19:28 11 Feb 2010

I am suffering from an irritating problem. For a friend I set up a netgear DG8347G and the PC is wired in and the laptop is set up to connect wirelessly.

I connect using the laptop and restart 3 or 4 times and it connects with no problems.

Unfortunately, when I have returned home they have called me the next day to say the laptop is not connecting! I thought it might be a driver issue, so I brought the laptop back home and renewed drivers and then allowed it to connect to my network with no problem and over 2 or 3 days it always connected.

I returned to their house and switched the laptop on and did the WEP key and all was well. I then did 2 or 3 restarts with no problems.......well 5 hours later they have just called me to say.....it is not connecting - it keeps coming up with "Problem connecting to netgear - press here to troubleshoot".

Has anyone got any ideas? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Many thanks

Diver9

mooly 19:49 11 Feb 2010

Strange to say for the first time in 3 years my laptop (Vista) didn't connect the other evening to my BT Hub... tried "diagnose and repair" which failed, so I looked in "connect to" to view networks and a new one at full strength had appeared from somewhere.
I altered the Hub in the advanced settings to go from "auto channel" mode to a fixed channel (12) and it's been fine since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017