Laptop Help Needed Please......

jb2008 19:29 20 Mar 2009

Hi guys, I'm having problems with my laptop: when I try to login to the network as usual I only get as far as seeing my desktop picture before the window which says "logging off, closing network connections...etc" comes up and logs me back out????????

I've tried starting in safe mode but it does the same thing again. It is a works laptop and I do not have the administrator's password to log in any other way.....any ideas?

jb2008 19:43 20 Mar 2009

any ideas guys?

MAJ 19:46 20 Mar 2009

Which network are you trying to log on to?

As it's a work laptop, have you checked with your IT guys? Which operating system?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 20 Mar 2009

Boot to safemode and scan for virus and malware

MAJ 19:53 20 Mar 2009

You been on holiday?

jb2008 19:59 20 Mar 2009

MAJ - I'm just trying to log on to a network I've always logged in to using the same user name and password.....I had been getting annoying pop-ups so was told to install malwarebytes anti-malware programme and run a scan. When it asked me to restart so that the viruses found could be deleted, I clicked ok and since then I haven't been able to get back on...??? I can't check with the IT guys as I've long since left the company but was told I could keep the laptop.

FRUIT BAT - when I try to log in on safe mode, it's just doing the same thing and logging me back out to log-in screen...???

jb2008 20:00 20 Mar 2009

MAJ it's Windows XP Professional (service pack 1 I think) it is an old laptop and I am useless with things like this!

MAJ 20:30 20 Mar 2009

Try tapping F8 on startup, until the advanced startup menu appears, jb2008, then from that menu choose the "Last Known Good Configuration" option and press Return, see if that helps.

jb2008 20:44 20 Mar 2009

no MAJ, the exact same thing happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017