Laptop has problems with USB Optical Mouse

RobbieRoberts 19:23 19 Oct 2007

Hi,
I have a Time Laptop running XP with SP2 which seems to have a difficulty recognising an USB "Super Mini" Optical Mouse. [The mouse was bought in Maplin}
I first of all installed the software which came with it --- but the Laptop had problems finding it producing the message "USB device not recognised" (or something similar).
A friend suggested uninstalling the software; which I did and this seemed to cure it --- at least for a time when the message reappeared.
(I have a Seagate Freetime external Hard drive which the computer recognises.)
I have a similar mouse on my desktop, the only difference being that it doesn't have the "blue" light AND the software IS installed.
Ant suggestions would be most welcome as I would also like to use a graphics tablet as well. [The laptop has 6 USB sockets.]
Many thanks,
Bertie

woodchip 19:29 19 Oct 2007

You should not need to load any software, But you do need to pree the button on the reciver then the button under the mouse very quick for it to work. Try this remove Battery from Laptop remove Mains Plug then press the Start button for 5seconds. After start Laptop then plug USB in

ambra4 19:56 19 Oct 2007

Try this site

click here

RobbieRoberts 11:10 21 Oct 2007

Hi,
Just to let you know my problem is Solved!
The Mouse was FAULTY!!!
Many thanks,
Bertie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?