laptop graphics cards

acceptmyname 22:18 05 Aug 2007

My brother has purchased this laptop (not from pcworld)

Can somebody tell me if it is any good for gaming he wants to play Halo and if not how can you upgrade your graphics.

thanks in advance for any advice

acceptmyname 22:21 05 Aug 2007

sorry no link

click here

jimmybond 22:28 05 Aug 2007

"if it is any good for gaming...."

no, it's rubbish for gaming, although the price compared to other laptops should be an indication of that ;-)

"if not how can you upgrade your graphics..."

with difficulty in a laptop. Even if you could, it would be kinda sily to buy a cheap laptop, and immediately buy an expensive graphics chip for it.
Cheaper and more sensible to just buy a decent gaming laptop in the first place...!

Quiet Life 22:29 05 Aug 2007

It is not good for games. Celerons are low end processors. On board graphics cannot be upgraded.

beb 22:30 05 Aug 2007

click here...... try this , the pc or laptop you want to use must be connect to the internet as you need to down load a small program , its safe no spywear , ive used this for ages with no probs .

acceptmyname 22:30 05 Aug 2007

thanks jimmybond but i dont think he bought it for gaming anyway but thought i would ask the question

DieSse 22:32 05 Aug 2007

I don't know anything really about gaming, so can't comment on it's suitability - but -

I can tell you the graphics cannot be upgraded, as they are built onto the motherboard (as in the majority of laptops.)

2neat 23:10 05 Aug 2007

forget Halo on that. Even with everything turned low/off/down etc will still be poor.
Halo & Halo CE should be played on a fast pc with good grafix.
One of the best games I have/still play!

Totally-braindead 00:14 06 Aug 2007

No good for gaming, couldn't play Halo and cannot be upgraded graphics wise.
But what can you expect for the money. As an example of a gaming laptop click here but its over £1000 so you shouldn't be surprised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone