Laptop graphic cards.

lambo1309 19:09 09 Apr 2006

please could you help, I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I'll be playing games and going on the net.
most of the ones I've looked at have the "128MB Intel Media Accelerator Graphics" are these ok with games..????
thanks

Totally-braindead 19:15 09 Apr 2006

You now have 3 threads on the subject of laptops, at least this one you're asking a different question but I'm a bit puzzled as to why you've started another thread rather than just continue on one of your other ones.

The graphics you mention is rather poor and will play older games ie more than 3 years old ok (probably) but not any of the newer ones. It would be fine for word processing surfing the web almost anything, but not games.

keef66 09:49 10 Apr 2006

you'll pay a lot more for a laptop with decent graphics capability than you would for the equivalent desktop, and you can't easily upgrade a laptop. You could get a basic laptop for office apps and web surfing, and an X-box 360 for what you'll have to pay for a gaming laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?