Laptop freezing temporarily..on the way out?

buel 23:14 18 May 2010

Hi, i have a Medion MD96032 which is about 3 and a half years old, i semi regularly run a disk check on the hard drive and regularly run AVG, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes scans and defrag using Defraggler regularly but still it is quite slow, which i dont mind too much but these last few days it has been freezing for about 6 seconds...and then resuming as normal and it has never done this before, please can anyone tell me is this possibly the beginning of the end and/or is there anything i can do please?

Also, if i am to clone the hard drive to an external hard drive using Acronis to prepare for 'the end', do i have to find the exact same internal hard drive that i currently use in it and clone it to that?
Thank you in advance!!

buel 23:20 18 May 2010

Ps- i am thinking of spending £40 to increase the Ram from 1.5gb to 3gb, is this a good idea if the hd is on the way out?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:24 18 May 2010

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for

buel 23:36 18 May 2010

Thank you for the thousandth time Fruit bat!!

buel 07:13 19 May 2010

Ps-i would say that most of the time i can hear a sound coming from my laptop (hard drive, i think?) and i just cant describe it, it's not 'clicking' as such...has anyone got any descriptions of noises hard drives make?

Pps-Also, if i am to clone the hard drive to an external hard drive using Acronis to prepare for 'the end', do i have to find the exact same internal hard drive that i currently use in it and clone it to that?

rawprawn 07:33 19 May 2010

" do i have to find the exact same internal hard drive that i currently use in it and clone it to that?"
No, so long as it is bigger or the same size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache