laptop doesn't recognise Microsoft cds

betty309 00:24 13 Nov 2009

Had a problem with my laptop and took it for repair. It appeared to be fine when I got it back then I realised that I now couldn't access IE. Took it back again and the guy said only way to resolve it was to completely restore it back to factory settings.
Took it away, backed everything up, took it back again and he did that.
Got it back now and am trying to reintall everything.

First problem is that it won't recognise the Microsoft Suite cd or the Office 2007 CD (both official copies)
It recognises all the other discs I have inserted just not those so I can't open any of my documents.

Other problem is that when I tried to reinstal the Nortons back , it says that I have to have Service Pack 2 installed.
Catch 22 as I obviously don't wish to connect to the internet to instal that until I have reinstalled the Nortons and I can't install the Nortons without the Service Pack 2.

I don't really want to have to go back again if this is something that can be easily resolved.

Can anyone help me please, I've been at this for hours and just don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gigagiggles 02:24 13 Nov 2009

hello.

the internet can be dangerous, but not so dangerous that you can't visit microsoft to pick up a service pack 2 and any other critical updates, all the while wearing your windows firewall and windows defender that comes with microsoft windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?