Laptop Display & External display problem

ßoolian 13:44 11 Apr 2009

Recently my laptop display has become distorted e.g.it looks like a bad signal television channel and has a pink tint to it. So I plugged in my Philips 15" Hardglass Display which I had spare to see if that would work. It did for a few weeks but this morning when I switched it on, dotted vertical lines in groups of four. They were different colours depending on which colours were meant to be there e.g. blue came out as black lines, white as yellow and black as red. It was like this on my laptop as well. But when I just left it to start up it got to the bit when thw windows logo appears just before login and then the blue screen of death appeared. My laptop is a PC World own brand Philips freevents X57 loaded with Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. The graphics chip as I understand is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7400. I did a quick search on google and no solutions to my problem came up.

Taff™ 13:52 11 Apr 2009

Try reloading the Graphics drivers first click here={ad69e70c-dcc7-48b5-86c5-b0980ea8a905}&ID={1d5da0f0-60f6-49fe-a9de-d3386432e315} Select your notebook from the drop down box and go to the downloads page for the X57.

Taff™ 13:53 11 Apr 2009

Links never work on that website! Click on the Product (Green) Support Image top right.

Bryanthemercman 15:20 01 Aug 2009

I have exactly the same problem on the same model laptop is this a graphics problem I have tried Fn - F3 but no result.
The link that Taff is offering does not work.
Do Philips have a website support for there products?
I will be e-mailing Philips for support also.

Taff™ 21:32 01 Aug 2009

Try this link click here and click on the Product(Green)Support Image top right.

woodchip 23:00 01 Aug 2009

How old the Laptop?????

Bryanthemercman 19:54 21 Aug 2009

Found graphics chip on motherboard faulty new chip fitted all ok

peterocallaghan 11:40 21 Apr 2010

Hi Mercman01 , could you provide any more details on how you got this fixed, did you send it back to get done? I have same laptop with same issue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?