Laptop Care

I am new to laptops. What is the best way to look after them? By that I mean fingerprints on the keyboard etc which are greasy and a clean dry cloth does not remove them on its own.

What is the best and safest product to use. This question also applies to the screen.

Devil Fish 20:50 23 Sep 2010

you can purchase dedicated cleaners that are generaly available in large supermarkets with an electrical section most major electrical retailers or a pc shop

an example from tesco click here but as above many retailers will supply something similar example from amazon click here

hope this is of some help

D

Jameslayer 20:51 23 Sep 2010

will babywipes do the trick out of interest?

woodchip 22:00 23 Sep 2010

No chemicals

robin_x 22:12 23 Sep 2010

Get a microfibre cloth from any opticians (for fingerprints), a new paintbrush from the pound shop (for dust). Get dust/grit off first before using cloth to avoid scratches.

I use a smidgin of windowlene sometimes and a new J-cloth for stubborn fingerprints. Spray the cloth for a split second, well away from the laptop.

Dont press too hard. Modern screens have thinner glass than older screens I think.

Certainly I managed to break mine (dropped 18" onto living room carpet). &70 for a new panel. Ouch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone