Laptop can't connect to wireless router

kelemvor 23:12 06 Aug 2007

Hi
some info for this posted in previous topic, but basically...

Have dell laptop and am trying to connect to my netgear router. I have another laptop that connects fine, but this one will only connect via a Lan cable.

I am using wep - though the keys used are definitely the same on both laptops and I am not using the 'wireless station access' list - this is for hardware filtering/access I believe.

Any suggestions of possible reasons would be great - I didn't have a problem with the router before, it just seems to be an issue with this laptop so I'm thinking settings or something.

Cheers
Kel

dan* 23:24 06 Aug 2007

It just confuses the matter when you try to open a subsidiary posting on the same topic. it would be best to select which topic you wish to keep current and mark the other as resolved.

Otherwise those trying to help you will be going backwards and forwards. They may even disregard the postings because it does not flow.

kelemvor 23:33 06 Aug 2007

understood, but the topic that I originally posted wasn't meant to be about general help in connecting to the router - I just wanted the MAC code.

Since this didn't work and because the title of the first topic wasn't correct for this discussion I wanted to start a new one - as someone that may be able to help with this problem may not have seen it listed as another one.

Point taken however.

ArrGee 01:28 07 Aug 2007

Connect via LAN
Get all update from MS, NetGear and Dell
Restart
Try to connect

If no joy. remove all drivers for the modem, then do as above.

kelemvor 20:58 08 Aug 2007

resolved - had to remove the wireless network and set up a new one + a firmware upgrade.

ambra4 05:47 09 Aug 2007

Tick the solved box

kelemvor 02:41 11 Aug 2007

I did, obviously the app didnt take hold

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?