Laptop Cannot Connect To Internet

NSBT 10:37 24 Jan 2008

Hi Folks

Following on from thisclick here thread, whilst I managed to get on-line yesterday on my laptop, I've switched it on this morning, and keep getting the message “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Web page”

Any advice please?

Technotiger 10:41 24 Jan 2008

click here

Good luck.

NSBT 10:56 24 Jan 2008

Hello Tech

Thanks for that, I'm sorry for keep asking questions

I'll leave the resolved button for a while and see what progress I make.

Cheers

birdface 11:13 24 Jan 2008

From Microsoft.click here

NSBT 16:44 24 Jan 2008

OK

I'm having a nightmare

I followed the advise above, and still made no progress

I called Ebuyy's helpline, who after giving me instructions what do, advised me it's a Belkin issue (I have a Belkin wireless Router.) and therefore to call Belkin.

I did, again same procedure, Belkin said it's a Microsoft issue, and to call them.

I did, same procedure, Microsoft say, it's a manufactures issue and to call them.

I did, HP, same procedure, HP say it my ISP I should contact Blue yonder.

Talk about being stressed.

This is where I'm at now, I can access the internet via my desktop PC.

On my laptop it states I'm connected to the internet, but when I try and open a page the message IE cannot display the webpage.

No matter what address I enter, PCA, Hotmail, BBC, the same message keeps appearing.

When I do IPConfig I get this on my desktop: 192.168.2.2, on my laptop I get this 192.168.2.3

Should they both be identical?

birdface 17:24 24 Jan 2008

What happens if you use Firefox,Can you get connected then.

NSBT 17:28 24 Jan 2008

Hello buteman

Thanks, I'm unable to get on to the internet on the laptop, so can't get to Firefox site.

Technotiger 17:28 24 Jan 2008

No they should not be identical. On the laptop in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connection/LAN settings the only box ticked should be Automatically detect settings .... No other boxes should be ticked!

birdface 17:30 24 Jan 2008

If with Blueyonder,Do you have cable Broadband.[Virgin.]If so are you connected to your modem with an Ethernet cable.

NSBT 17:32 24 Jan 2008

Hey Buteman

I'm so stressed out, therefore only just remembered, last night I installed Microsoft updates, in total there were 5 to be installed, only 2 were successful, I was unable to get onto the internet to install the other 3, it's after this that the problem occurred.

Could it be something to do with the installation of the 2 updates, and if so, how I would find out which they were, and remove them?

birdface 17:38 24 Jan 2008

I should have added.if so unplug your Modem for 1Minute switch it back on and leave for 2 minutes before you use it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?