Laptop BlackScreen/Overheating related problems

galimbor 16:18 20 Apr 2014

Hello there,

I have quite a problem with my Laptop Satellite L650-1EQ using Windows 7 Home-edition. A few days ago my Laptop was overheating quite often , i would start playing a video-game and the computer could actually go off after 10 minutes of playing it. I realized that this was getting serious so i stopped using my computer to play games and I decided that i needed to clean it . However i was searching online on how to properly clean my computer and then my screen suddenly goes white, no images, completely white ! I didn't knew what happened and I was quite scared .. I turned the computer off. Next day I turned the computer on too see if it was working , and the computer screen turned fully black , there was no image again , however the power light of the laptop would turn on and i would hear the vents working . I turned off the computer and tried to start it again and the computer started fine , the image appeared and the problems were gone.The computer was now working without any problems. But i knew that the computer had to problem related to the overheating events probably so I took the laptop to computer repair technician . I told him what happened . He used the vacuum cleaner to "clean" the dust from the computer and told me to come back there if the computer kept overheating . I started the computer again when i arrived home , and after like an hour and half the computer screen goes white again however i don't think it overheated because the computer wasn't really hot.. :s I tried to start the computer again and the screen is black , no image, the only light on is the power one and I hear the vents working. I tried to turned it off and on but now it just stays like it is now.. I searched for solutions for this problem and saw some like taking the battery off and pressing the power button for 2 minutes and some other things but nothing worked out.. I believe it has something to do with the hardware of the computer but I know nothing about it so i could really use some help about what should I do next ! If you have any clue of what it is and have solutions please tell me :s I really can't afford to buy another PC

Please help me out , thank you !

PS : I'm sorry about my English , i know it's not the best !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:21 20 Apr 2014

connect to an external monitor or flat screen TV using the VGA socket and cable.

Use Fn+F5 to toggle (press and wait a couple of seconds) to the external display.

Can you get a picture on the external screen?

galimbor 11:54 21 Apr 2014

Hello Fruit Bat , thanks for answering. I tried to connect my Laptop to the external monitor of the computer where i am writing this thread from and to my flat TV . Didn't worked.. I got no picture of the external screen . I guess that my computer is really messed up hum ? :|

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:11 21 Apr 2014

You have to be careful when toggling the Fn+ F5 key

however it you can't get it to work then its looking bad like the graphics chip blown.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?