Laptop Battery

Retiredidiot 17:03 05 Jun 2009

I need a new battery for my laptop. There plenty of companies around that have them but I am a wary of dealing with companies that I've never heard of. Can anyone recommend a reputable company?

Thanks

Taff™ 17:30 05 Jun 2009

Go to amazon.co.uk and look for the laptop battery there being sold by Cambridge Accessories - I have used them twice and their prices and service is first class. You will need to check the exact size of the pin details but if you`re not sure I suggest you e-mail them.

Retiredidiot 18:30 05 Jun 2009

Unfortunately they didn't have my battery.
Global-Batteries do have it, I have never heard of them but that doesn't mean much! Anyone have experience of them?

Taff™ 10:15 06 Jun 2009

Tell me the make and model of the laptop or the part number of the battery. I`ll check with some of my other suppliers. To be honest I think that most of the amazon suppliers are trustworthy but let`s see.

Retiredidiot 10:41 06 Jun 2009

It's a Compaq(HP) C300 Part Number of battery is 395751-321 Global do it and they advertise on this site, does that mean they are ok?

Thanks for your help.

johndrew 11:29 06 Jun 2009

I always check the information in `About Us` (generally at the bottom of the site page) as it gives a fair amount of information on a company - especially the address and `phone number.

Often a quick telephone call to assess the Customer Service will give confidence or putting the company name into a search engine will provide either good or bad reports.

Retiredidiot 13:12 06 Jun 2009

I have ordered one from Global,checked their site and customer services and they seem ok.

Thanks all of you for your advice.

Retiredidiot 10:28 09 Jun 2009

Just to let you know my new battery arrived this morning, only ordered on Sat. Very good service and all working well.

peter99co 16:49 10 Jun 2009

Ordered To-day from Global. Arrive Sat?

peter99co 14:40 12 Jun 2009

Postman delivered at 11.40 Friday

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?