Laptop Battery

Marios 20:52 23 Sep 2004

Hi,
my laptop, a Magic Note F (IPC) does not charge its battery no matter how long it stays plugged in. I bought another one which worked fine for a few hours and next time i turned on the computer there was no charge in the battery again. Any ideas? If a power problem, where can it be fixed cheaply?
Thank you for your time,
Marios

JonnyTub 20:57 23 Sep 2004

there are so many different things you could try which would all probably lead to the same thing.........a dead battery, it may be worthwhile getting the machine serviced although you must specify that the battery and other associated components could do with reconditioning.

Graham ® 21:07 23 Sep 2004

Have a read click here

Marios 21:35 25 Sep 2004

Thanks to the two trying to help, i believe it must be a pc problem because my first battery was used little and wisely and the second is brand new and yet they both will not charge when laptop plugged into the mains!!

Marios 15:34 29 Sep 2004

Hello there, does anyone have any more ideas why the laptop does not charge the battery and if it is a laptop problem where i can have it fixed cheaply? out of warranty now.

IPC MagicNote F

Graham ® 17:53 29 Sep 2004

Could be the charging circuit has failed. Does the laptop run off the mains without a battery fitted?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?