Laptop Batteries

johndrew 10:48 03 Sep 2006

My son`s laptop battery is going down and he is looking to replace it. However we have found that if the replacement battery is out of specification (usually voltage too high) it can impair the function of the laptop - basically it may not boot.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, quality supplier of batteries for a Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 laptop they could recommend?

Many thanks in advance.

Gongoozler 11:00 03 Sep 2006

A Google search came up with several sources of battery for your Toshiba. This is one of them click here

The voltage is determined by the battery chemistry, so I can't see how it can give excess volts.

johndrew 12:49 03 Sep 2006

Thanks for responding.

I have also searched in the same manner and come up with a number of sites. What I was looking for specifically was a recommendation for a trusted source with reasonable prices.

On the subject of the battery specification I found this click here post by BadBrad97 which led to others. First time I`d ever come across such a report but given both hardware and chemistry/temperature considerations it does appear to have some merit?

spuds 14:41 03 Sep 2006

I find these fairly good click here

muscic lover 15:01 03 Sep 2006

RE: Spuds reccomendations... I concur, and they are trustworthy enough , and in the UK!!

johndrew 16:14 04 Sep 2006

Thanks for the contact.

I have looked at their site but don`t see either my laptop or the battery part number, so have e-mailed them for information.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?