Laptop

1st spring 16:49 07 Aug 2010

I haven't used my laptop for some weeks, now I cannot get connected to the Internet. I have a different email to this my desktop PC. I have the Internet connected but why cant I get onto the net with my laptop. Help please

gengiscant 17:23 07 Aug 2010

Are you talking wireless or wired connection?
Model of laptop? Operating system?

1st spring 17:49 07 Aug 2010

HP Pavilion dv6 windows 7. I have tried it both wireless and connected

1st spring 20:22 07 Aug 2010

Not 100% sure how to put the info in from my New Router. It asked me to, a) Open my wireless connection program. I clicked on Wireless Network connections. SSID number is already on the Laptop. I clicked on Connect Auto, a box popped up with. b) Type Network security key. WPA key which is to be entered into the wireless connection program. No problem but it also says and onto the wireless device. Will I get another box to put the WPA security code in? I know I can try but I do not want to make a mistake that I cannot go back and correct.

1st spring 20:57 07 Aug 2010

Now on the net with my Laptop, but it came up with a message. Something to do with all PC on home network and not to use it in public places. Something like that, I cannot get the message back to be clear on what it was telling me. I also didn't hide the WPA key is this important?

gengiscant 10:47 08 Aug 2010

Its helpful if you take a note of exactly any message that appears on the screen as the information can to the correct solution.
In your third post, after no problem,(forth line down)you say "but it also says" what?
You also do not mention what router you have?
Which is your laptop? click here

gengiscant 10:48 08 Aug 2010

Sorry.Should read "can lead to the correct solution"

1st spring 13:38 08 Aug 2010

Thank you I have done it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?