lap-top batteries ??where

end 04:25 01 Sep 2004

a silly question but..

I have a Dell mobile celeron latitude cpt lap top( according to my receipt and what the thing says on the top of the box) and needed to get into the bateries last night to remove them when it "froze" and could not be turned off;

can anyone please tell me or even better "send" a picture "link" of exactly where on the back ( or even side?) of the lappy I can gain access to the battery "housing" to temporarily "disconect "the battery; and, yes, I tried the "usual " on it of ctrl.alt del to get it to "unfreeze" etc but "no joy" and have not a clue as to how to get to "reboot", assuming such is possible with a lappy, as wot I can do with my tower.

I think I have correctly "described" the lappy; every thing I tried yesterday "failed"..

thanks folks...

Diodorus Siculus 09:22 01 Sep 2004

Go to dell site

go to support

tell it your model number

get the downloadable manual

it will all be there

end 09:27 01 Sep 2004

not being funny, but how do I get to the dell site as the last time I put in "dell" ( or similar "characters)into my address bar and pressed "enter" I managed to wipe off a rather large chunck of my computer"s memory, and ended up with a gigantic repair bill; so, with respect, "aint going there again":(

steve0 09:33 01 Sep 2004

Hold the power on button down for at least 5 seconds - might need 10. This should turn it off. I found this out myself when same thing happened to my dell laptop. Removed battery first then discovered this way of turning the machine off.

end 09:46 01 Sep 2004

but where IS the battery PLEASE!!!!

had similar problems with another lap-top and eventiually removed the battery; but, cannot even find it on this one let alone locate on the web site the information for getting it out:(

and, why SHOULD the screan "freeze" like that? was running "Stinger" on it to "check it", and got to I think "explorere" and the thing just "froze";

where:) is the battery, please,,

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 01 Sep 2004

click here and put in your model number.

It will not "wipe off a rather large chunck of [your] computer"s memory" whatever that might mean.

Djohn 10:51 01 Sep 2004

click here Try these people end. j.

end 22:00 01 Sep 2004

the model number, accordingn to the pannel on the base of my machine is T253740011; now you tell me where that is on the Dell site cause I cannot find it:(

all I want to be able to do is disconnect the battery if necessary...but HOW???

and thanks for the idea of pressing the OFF button several times:)

once the screan is "frozen" its "FROZEN"!!!

VoG II 22:06 01 Sep 2004

That looks like a serial number, not the type of model. You will need to look again.

Schopenhauer 22:14 01 Sep 2004

I have a secondhand Dell Latitude and to get at the battery I have to turn it over and underneath ther are two triangular catches that can be moved to one side. Select the one under the battery you want to remove and it can then be pulled out from the front. Hope this helps.

Schopenhauer 22:14 01 Sep 2004

I have a secondhand Dell Latitude and to get at the battery I have to turn it over and underneath ther are two triangular catches that can be moved to one side. Select the one under the battery you want to remove and it can then be pulled out from the front. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?