Language in Emails

scouser 10:32 05 Feb 2008

I am using Firefox. My computer is set up for UK English. However when sending Emails I keep getting words like, Colour and Harbour etc., being underlined as spelling mistakes.
I went into tools, then advanced, then languages on the bar and found English USA was shown. I deleted it and scrolled down and added English/UK and tested the words again, but they still come up underlined in red. Going back to the language section I find that the USA/English has come back into the box. How can I correct this?

octal 10:46 05 Feb 2008

I'm confused, Firefox is an Internet browser and Thunderbird is an email client, unless you are sending the emails via web mail, so which one are you using?

If it is Firefox then download the dictionaries from here click here

scouser 11:24 05 Feb 2008

Sorry for any confusion, I use Hotmail to send Emails and I get the spelling errors in this. I have used their toolbox to try and alter the language. Is that correct?

Technotiger 11:26 05 Feb 2008

You need to reset the language in Control Panel>Regional and Language.

octal 12:09 05 Feb 2008

I understand now. Don't use the on-line spellcheck Hotmail offer because it will be in American English. Right click on the word that is underlined and in the context menu select the correct spelling from the top of the menu, if it is still showing American English then go to the bottom and select the correct language from there, if GB English is not showing then download the correct dictionary from my previous link.

scouser 13:22 05 Feb 2008

Many thanks octal, that has cured the problem.

octal 13:29 05 Feb 2008

You are welcome scouser, just to add if you do any updates to your add-ons you might notice it disables the GB English spellcheck for some reason, if that happens just reinstall it, it seems to be a quirk in Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?