Language Bar Change and Mouse Problems

TicTacToc 16:48 24 Feb 2006

Two Problems currently

1) Well for some reason my keyboard defaults on US so I have to change it to United Kingdom in the EN on the toolbar. I always have to do this, is there anyway I can set it so it stays how it is?

2) I was just looking in my mouses control panel (Logitech Corded Click). I changed something and changed it back. Now my mouse has lost all right click and scroll features. I tried it on my laptop and the same happened there. I have tried blowing contacts and checking the mouse which feels and looks fine. What could be the problem?
If it sounds broken for good, any reccommendations for a good mouse (corded or cordless) for less than £15?

Mini question: Where do I locate the windows theme that is silver and green?

Thanks

keith-236785 19:22 24 Feb 2006

to get to the themes, right click an empty part of the desktop and click properties. here you can change the themes, screen savers, desktop screen size etc.

regarding the language settings, open control panel, double click "regional and language options" change each dropdown box to English (United Kingdom) , apply your changes and that should be all you need to do. (personally i add uk keyboard and delete the US keyboard, accept the warning and reboot your pc, everything then should default to the uk settings.

double click the mouse settings in control panel, check all the settings in there and see if something looks wrong (cant help much as i have a microsoft optical mouse) and the settings may be different.

good luck

keith-236785 19:24 24 Feb 2006

forgot to say, when checking your mouse, click the right hand tab and make sure your logitech mouse is selected and it hasnt reverted to the default microsoft mouse.

TicTacToc 20:35 24 Feb 2006

thanks for the info.

For the theme I actually meant where do you find it on the web? On the microsoft website somewhere but I cant find it.

Thanks for the language option that problems solved.

For the mouse it is very weird. I have uninstalled all the logitech drivers reverting back to the microsoft mouse bit, selected scroll and all that, and it still wont right click or scroll, it must be damaged. What do you think? Oh well, an excuse to get a new mouse.

Thanks for the info

VoG II 20:38 24 Feb 2006

You don't get the theme from the web it is built into Windows. As paperman27 said right click desktop, properties, Appearance tab, Color scheme.

TicTacToc 20:52 24 Feb 2006

ah, i see sorry- Ive got it.

Thanks

keith-236785 18:46 25 Feb 2006

as for the mouse, if it wont work on two seperate pc's then it might be you need a new one, you could try click here. they are good for a lot of things at cheap prices (always watch for big postage costs)

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?