LAN settings problems

howerdjay 15:40 10 Jan 2003
  howerdjay 15:40 10 Jan 2003

Lately I have been finding it impossible to get on to some web sites as I kept getting the message that the site I was trying to use required my browser to accept & support cookies and advising me to adjust my settings.
To my amazement when I checked up on the security settings of Internet Options, all the cookie settings were to 'allow', so I couldn't find out how else to get to use those sites.
Then one day I was searching around looking at anythying connected to the internet and found the LAN settings on the 'connections tab' of the 'internet options'.
When I ticket the box for "automatically detect settings" and un-ticked anything else, I found that I was able to get round the problem that had been annoying me for so long!
Sadly though, that setting would not stay set and each time I turn off Internet Explorer it drops out and I have to go through the rigmorol of re-setting it before I can get going again.
Please can someone advise me how to get these settings to stay and not have to keep going back to that page to reset.
I thank anyone who can help me in advance as in the past when I have had problems such as this someone has always managed to get me out of trouble before very long, so I can only hope for more of the same.
Howerd Jay

recap 16:07 10 Jan 2003

Sorry howerdjay, but that setting should be set as a default setting and therefore you should not ahve to alter it. The only thing that spring to mind is to try the repair option with your installation disc. But, I'm sure somebody else will have an easier solution.

menorcarob2 16:41 10 Jan 2003

when i power on my desktop win me(server) and my laptop xp pro(client) they can sometimes see one another and share the internet and other times i have to run the network setup wizard on the server machine any ideas what this is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?