Lan Monitor

User-9A919F67-6ADE-4BFB-8B35A0F56CB2F7D6 18:37 10 Apr 2009

I have a home network with a Sky Netgear router, which has 4 PC's connected to it either via ethernet or wireless.

I would like to monitor what traffic is going between the PC's and the router / internet, preferable in a graphical way.

I'm not interested in snooping on what each computer is doing. I just want to see what traffic they are generating and at what times.

Does anybody know of a free tool that will do this reliably. I want to install it on just 1 PC and leave it running in the background, reporting back on what the whole network is doing.

Thanks in advance

recap 19:24 10 Apr 2009

Try The Dude:

"The Dude network monitor is a new application by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network environment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems."

click here for the download

T0SH 15:03 11 Apr 2009

Check out NetMeter from here it is Freeware it logs all your lan traffic PC to Router

click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?