Lack of wireless connection - what could be wrong?

daveyork 14:11 16 Jan 2008

As the title suggests I'm having problems with a very sporadic wireless connection.

I am currently using a BT Voyager 2110 with the latest firmware trying to connect to my laptop, psp and/or wii. Obviously the laptop gives me better diagnostics and I can see that sometimes I can connect to the router fine but this only lasts approx 5 minutes. Sometimes I cannot connect at all and then suddenly it will, but again it only lasts for a little while. How close I am to the router doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have tried changing channels, changing router (got a new Voyager), moving router position from upstairs to downstairs. None of these have helped at all.

My wireless connection was working fine up until a little while ago when I changed desktops but I don't think that this is the issue as even when it's unplugged I have the issue with the laptop. Can anyone think of a possible solution for this? What could be causing interference?

Thanks.

daveyork 14:13 16 Jan 2008

Just to add that I am using WPK security which did used to work fine. Using a wired connection there are no problems at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?