labelling power leads

BREEN 17:10 15 Sep 2009

in our house we have six different power leads for mobile phones plus other power leads for mp3 players printers and external dvds etc.

I WONDER IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN MARK THE DIFFERENT LEAD

THANKS

BT 17:29 15 Sep 2009

I've got one of these
click here

The labels are printed on a sticky coloured foil tape which I stick to the Power adaptors so that they don't get mixed up. You can also wrap them around a wire to form a sort of tag. You can get all sorts of colours of tape but the yellow one shows up well.

Stuartli 17:45 15 Sep 2009

I would imagine that most stationary stores offer different types of labels that would be suitable.

Plenty of companies offer labels on-line such as:

click here

but quantities and delivery probably make it uneconomical.

Avery offers the means to print your own labels free:

click here

I am Spartacus 19:39 15 Sep 2009

I do a similar thing to BT but use a DYMO LetraTag click here

Great for identifying the USB cables plugged into the PC and power plugs. The plastic rather than paper labels are very robust.

Stuartli 23:29 15 Sep 2009

I must also mention that the other half uses sticky back pre-printed paper labels that can be attached to mains plugs for various kitchen appliances - however, this might not be practical for mains adapters.

As most mains adapter plugs are black, rules out indelible ink markers unless you can find a white version.....

Stuartli 23:29 15 Sep 2009

I must also mention that the other half uses sticky back pre-printed paper labels that can be attached to mains plugs for various kitchen appliances - however, this might not be practical for mains adapters.

As most mains adapter plugs are black, rules out indelible ink markers unless you can find a white version.....

BT 07:51 16 Sep 2009

You can get white markers, they sell them here. click here
but I'm sure you can probably get then singly in stationery shops.

dangerusone 13:51 16 Sep 2009

I use a Brother P-Touch 1000,easy to use and the tape cassetes are pretty cheap on eBay.

I bought it from Aldi when it was on special promotion.

wee eddie 14:15 16 Sep 2009

Good for many things ~ Drawers, Jars, Plugs.

less than a £10er in our local Stationer, with 2, different coloured, Tapes to start you off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone