Label printing alignment problem

KK28 09:22 16 Jun 2005

Having printed labels (both full page of same and all different via mail merge) successfully for many years, after upgrading to Word 2000 I find that successive rows of addresses creep upwards on the A4 page, so that most of the labels are completely mis-aligned and unusable. This happens with both old Word 98 documents and newly-created Word 2000 ones. Any suggestions, please?

DieSse 10:11 16 Jun 2005

Have you got the paper type set differently - not to A4?

KK28 10:58 16 Jun 2005

No, I've checked all the settings, and the problem happens when using templates from both Avery and Deca

brambles 11:19 16 Jun 2005

You could start by downloading the latest Avery software here it's free:
click here

I do my labels within the Avery label programme for singles (not in Word) and it is trouble free.

Recommend you download Avery & try that to begin with. Experiment with cheap plain paper in your printer so you don't waste expensive labels until you've resolved the alignment problem.

If that doesn't work then see if the printer software offers alignment adjustment. If still not resolved then I would telephone the printer manufacturer.

You can also do mail merge within the Avery programme but it's a little complicated.

Brambles

DieSse 12:17 16 Jun 2005

In the printer and in Word2000?

Perhps you had them set wrongly in Word97? - and now it's correct?

wee eddie 13:25 16 Jun 2005

when I created a label with a border.

When I removed the Border I removed the problem.

Pesala 15:45 16 Jun 2005

I used to have this problem quite often due to various kind of errors. Now I use single sheet labels and cut them afterwards. It is more versatile and less wasteful, but depends on how many labels you need to print. I wouldn't like to manually cut hundreds of labels, but for four of five sheets it works fine.

Radiofan 13:12 18 Jan 2006

I had this problem and found ultimately that the problem lay in the printer properties which read Letter instead of A4. Also look in Page Set Up to see if that says Letter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?