La Fonara and Virgin

steve263000 07:48 03 Feb 2008

Hi all,

I have received the free Wi-Fi router from PCA and am trying to connect it via my Virgin broadband. It all seems to connect OK, but loses the signal and then of course will not connect to the internet.

I was advised by the Virgin helpline to use a 'Dynamic IIP address. They said to use the set up disc that came with the La Fon. Well it does not have one so how can I set up a dynamic IIP address? I have all the various details from them to use when it is set up. Thanks in advance.

steve263000 07:37 21 Feb 2008

I have received no reply to this question so I am going to have another go. I just cannot get the La Fonera to connect to the web. Has anyone used this with Virgin and what the heck am I doing wrong?

conan_troutman 13:45 23 Feb 2008

first thing I did was unplug every thing, then I connected my modem to the La fonera via the earthnet cable to the WAN port on the fonera,

then connected the fonera to my PC using the earthnet cable from the LAN port on the fonera the the earthnet port on my PC.

next I powered on my modem then my fonera then my PC

the fonera detected all my setting and had me connected to the Internet in minutes.

for my wifi connection I just searched for my SSID which will be FON_MYPLACE by default

and the password needed is the serial number of the fonera printed underneath.

the setting page for the fonera was 192.168.10.1

although I changed mine for convenience

steve263000 09:09 24 Feb 2008

Thanks conan_troutman and I tried the way you said but without any success. I have someone coming over tomorrow who know about these things. If that does not work I will get on to the La Fon forum that is out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone