KVM Switch

MattW 14:06 03 Nov 2004

I have a Roline USB KVM switch, a Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard and a MS Optical Trackball mouse. I have installed the software for the keyboard and mouse on both machines that I want to use the KVM switch for but whenever I plug the keyboard and mouse into the KVM switch neither the mouse or keyboard is recognised. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

MattW 19:19 03 Nov 2004

Bump!

mrdsgs 19:31 03 Nov 2004

i assume that the keyboard and mouse work fine on both machines when plugged in directly without the kvm.

Does video work through the kvm (ie can you get the kvm to switch display by pressing the kvm button) without keyboard or mouse going through kvm ?

If the answer to both is yes, there are 3 possible causes of your problem

1. Faulty kvm or kvm power supply
2. Faulty cables between individual Pcs and kvm
3. Cables connected to wrong ports on pcs or kvm

Personally, I only use belkin kvms and their cables, i use them in all sorts of configurations to run 8 computers through 3 monitors and 2 keyboard and 4 mice. No problems yet.

please let me know how you get on

mrdsgs

fred 21:38 03 Nov 2004

Please read the destructions again My KVM was very fussy regarding the order in which the machines were connected

MattW 23:54 03 Nov 2004

Thanks very much for both replies i will re-install again. fred, it came with no destructions. i just assumed it was plug in and away u go. i'll try tomorrow night as it's time to get to bedfordshire.

MattW 01:30 04 Dec 2004

Bump!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?