KRN -CRASH

can-am 15:57 24 Apr 2007

Hi all. i have a fujitsu seimans scaleo 3601
250gb hd, 2048 mem 3 gig pent 4. just reinstalled windows has a lot of programs would not work or un- install, anyway instalation went ok but......comp crashes on internet and some times between log offs, just a black screen to say the system has recovered from a serious error then it restarts. I go to event veiwer and the report comes back krn crash, about bios not been compliant? bios date is 21-12-2005 would this be out of date because of re-installed windows? I have re-installed windows twice now and after a day it does the same thing. I have read up on bios updates / flashin bios, seems awkward to do, dont want to wreck pc! any ideas thanks, oh yeah when i bought this from pc world he had to update the bios i think? because it would not boot straight on to wndows? out of warrenty now, was paying for pc support £6 a month they wont come out and sort it out!! aparently you only pay for telephone service!! what a rip off!

jimv7 16:05 24 Apr 2007

Try fitting a new battery for the motherboard.

can-am 21:29 04 May 2007

Fitted new battery get a message saying cmos settings wrong on boot up. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone