Kontiki uninstall?

Graham. 08:24 20 Sep 2007

I am being meithered by Spybot about 'kdx' being added to System Startup. Google found click here but that is 18 months old - this has only just started.

I can see 'Kontiki' in Program Files, but not in Programs, and no uninstall option. It is not in Add/Remove.

Anything known, please?

rawprawn 08:40 20 Sep 2007
  Shortstop 08:50 20 Sep 2007

Bookmarked

Graham. 09:17 20 Sep 2007

Thanks, that explains things. Though I am on Sky broadband, I have not signed up for Sky by Broadband, so it must have been installed surreptitiously, naughty.

One up for Spybot for the alert.

dagbladet 09:24 20 Sep 2007

I've also been bothered recently by this. I assume it's because I have been dabbling with both C4oD and BBC iplayer. I think one or both of these has loaded Kontiki. Unfortunately I can't get either to work, and my machine is suddenly working awfully hard even when I'm not using either of these progs. I'm going to uninstall both and the link above may well prove useful, thanks.

Graham. 10:46 20 Sep 2007

Thanks, that's got rid of it by using Regedit. KClean no longer appears on the BBC website, but you can get it from Sky click here

John Ross 17:27 20 Apr 2008

Is there a way to have khost.exe (Kontiki) not load up at start-up, but still be accessible by BBC iPlayer on the rare occasions I use this?

Thanks

amonra 17:57 20 Apr 2008

John Ross, Ditto, it has been annoying me for some time too. There must be a way of stopping it start ?

try services.msc and set k-service to manual,probably need to start/stop the service again via this method.
Theres this od tv monitor
click here

John Ross 21:36 20 Apr 2008

Spot on : has worked fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?