Kodak ESP 5210 Printer not responding

Mbube 20:42 15 Dec 2010

I have just made the mistake of getting a Kodak 5210 all in one Wi-Fi printer, attempting to use the printer from my Vista PC I’ve so far managed to print wirelessly 4 times. When I first set up the printer it detected my Wi-Fi signal straight away and connected to the right network, however when I used Kodak printer network setup utility it kept giving me the message printer not detected after switching off my AVG firewall I eventually got it to detect and install the printer.

Satisfied it was now working I switched my pc off, when I then switched it back on I turned my firewall back on and it was no longer able to detect the printer so I changed the settings on my firewall following the instructions on the Kodak website and got it working again.

Unfortunately the next time I switched on my pc it failed to start up and I had to use system restore as a consequence I then had to re-install the Kodak software and reset my firewall again. I then managed to get my pc to detect and install the printer but it won’t print, it’s listed as my default printer but whenever I try to print I get an error message saying printer not responding. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software and got it to work again once I then switched everything off and the next time I switched on my pc it had stopped working again.

When I installed the same software on a laptop with Windows 7 after changing the McAfee firewall settings it detected and installed the printer straight away and prints without any trouble. So why does it not work with my pc, is the problem with vista? It’s not my Wi-Fi or the firewall.

I’d rather not connect it using a USB cable because the cable I’ve got is a little too short and besides if I’d wanted to connect via USB I wouldn’t have bought a wireless printer.

I have emailed Kodak but I haven't heard back yet.
Does anyone have any suggestions other than never buying a Kodak Printer; any help would be very welcome thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?