Kodak EasyShare

DJ Techz 09:09 30 May 2008

Hi,

When my laptop starts up, Toshiba l40-139(Vista Home Premium), I get this message:

Error loading
C:/Progra~2/Kodak/EasyshareSetup/$regis#1/Registaration_7.4.20.2.sxt

The specified module could not be found.

At the top of that box it says RunDLL

When I first installed Easyshare it asked me to register, so I did but the installation failed. It told me to use the removal tool to remove anyrhing that installed. I then installed Easyshare from the internet instead of the Disc that came with my new Camera. Since then all I have done is installed the photo cards pack and upgraded to version 7.0

Thanks

Taff™ 10:32 30 May 2008

Use CCleaner click here and use the registry tool to check for problems. That might pick up the problem and fix it. Reboot and go back to CCleaner. Then look in Tools and the startup list for the reference to the above and delete the entry if it is still there.

jack 11:01 30 May 2008

to leave it in the box.
Most software supplied with cameras can be counter productive.

Windows is perfectly capable of recognizing the camera and and acquiring thew images on its own.
Try it

Remove Easyshare.

Then let Windows get on with it.

It will put up the Scanner Camera Wizard and ask what you want to do next.
Simple.

DJ Techz 16:00 30 May 2008

Uninstalled Easyshare and now using Windows Photo Gallery. The only reason why I didn't use it is because when I used to open it it crashed the whole system.

Thanks

jack 17:24 30 May 2008

There is plenty of admirable FREE software that will access your images and allow reasonable amount of manipulation.

Google for Picasa or Irfanview
Irfanview is a pretty good viewer take care when to select a site from which to download however
Although it is free there are some sites demanding payment - avoid them-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?