I have the Kodak DX 6340 with docking station and you can either use the Kodak software to upload photo's or any application you wish. I sometimes use Adobe straight from the dock. Below is an extract from the help file detailing how it's done.
To copy pictures between camera storage locations
1. Connect the camera to your computer. If you have EasyShare software installed, close the Transfer window when it appears.
2. On the desktop, double-click My Computer and then double-click the camera drive. The Camera window appears.
3. In the Camera window, double-click the camera storage location folder containing the pictures you want to copy. If you opened the Picture Card folder, the pictures are stored on the card in the DCIM/camera folder. For help on locating pictures, click here.
4. Select the pictures you want to copy and then choose Edit ® Copy.
5. In the Camera window, click the camera storage location where you want to copy the pictures and choose Edit ® Paste.
You can also use Windows Explorer to copy pictures between camera storage locations. For information on using the camera Copy feature to copy pictures between locations, refer to the camera User’s Guide.