Kodak Docking Station with XP Home

I have a kodak DX4330 going through the 'Camera Dock II' to U.S.B (tried different u.s.b configuration)
I wish to up-load from the dock without using the 'kodak software' that came with the camera, i'm not keen on the memory albums and said user-interface.Ive tried using the camera wizard in XP but this particular model is not listed....?
Kodak provide a seperte driver for image-transfer which is fine but the images load really slow,memory card read-speed, transfer and image 'loading speed' is fine(other imaging software runs fine,so i know it's not a R.A.M problem.it sees my 'Dock II' as 'DX4330 Zoom Digital Camera(I:)'so i know XP is identifying it...............PHEW..................SO,why is the wizard not listing it and why is it so slow

HP Pavillion,P4,3.06G,512mb,120G H/D,G-Force FX-5200

Djohn 23:06 05 Jan 2004

I have the Kodak DX 6340 with docking station and you can either use the Kodak software to upload photo's or any application you wish. I sometimes use Adobe straight from the dock. Below is an extract from the help file detailing how it's done.

========================================

To copy pictures between camera storage locations

1. Connect the camera to your computer. If you have EasyShare software installed, close the Transfer window when it appears.

2. On the desktop, double-click My Computer and then double-click the camera drive. The Camera window appears.

3. In the Camera window, double-click the camera storage location folder containing the pictures you want to copy. If you opened the Picture Card folder, the pictures are stored on the card in the DCIM/camera folder. For help on locating pictures, click here.

4. Select the pictures you want to copy and then choose Edit ® Copy.

5. In the Camera window, click the camera storage location where you want to copy the pictures and choose Edit ® Paste.

You can also use Windows Explorer to copy pictures between camera storage locations. For information on using the camera Copy feature to copy pictures between locations, refer to the camera User’s Guide.

thanx folks ,works ok now after format,thanx again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone