knitting images in PSP7

reddwarfcrew 19:44 15 May 2003

I have scanned in an LP sleeve, but had to do this in 2 halves.

I can manually edit the 2 pictures into one, but I remember someone saying that this can be done with software that will 'knit' multiple images together.

Can this be done in Paint Shop Pro 7? If so can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Simsy 20:03 15 May 2003

However, it is much easier in PhotoImpact if you can get hold of that!

In PSP the basic procedure is to create a new, blank image, making sure it's large enough. Open each of the images you want to join, then paste the 2 "halves" into the new image. You have to use the layer palette controls to get the adjustments correct.

It's not someting I've ever done "in anger" in PSP... I did do it when I first got it, following the tutorial in the book... but as I say it's much easier in PhotoImpact, (which I got free on a coverdisc some time ago), so this function I usually perform in that.

I hope this helps

good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

reddwarfcrew 09:39 17 May 2003

Thanks for the info, but its not quite what I meant.

I'm sure I remember watching on the old '.TV' on sky that in PSP5 you could use a function where by you opened several images and pressed 'go' and the software would find the common points and merge the picture together, then crop to get it into a square/oblong picture.

It was used to create a very wide landscape picture using 4 or 5 seperate photo's.

anchor 09:58 17 May 2003

To do what you want, you would need something like Pixmaker or PhotoVista. As far as I am aware PSP has never had this facility, and I have been using PSP since version 4.

click here

click here

I use Pixmaker to make all the panoramas on my web site; its excellent.
click here

Forum Editor 10:02 17 May 2003

isn't an application that I use a lot, so I can't help with that but.............

if you

click here you'll find exactly what you want.

hssutton 10:03 17 May 2003

The word is stitching not knitting. I don't think you will find it quite that simple. to get seamless stitching takes great care in the taking of the image. However here is a link to a freeware program that will do what you require.

click here

reddwarfcrew 10:06 17 May 2003

Many thanks. Those links look as thou they are just what I (well my Dad) is after.

Thanks again.

Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone