KLite Codec download probem

carper 13:05 28 Nov 2007

I have been trying to download the KLite programme but each time I come up with the following error

HKey_CLASSES_ROOT\.3gpp
RegCreateKeyExfailed;code 5

Could anyone please explain this and how I can get round it. Any help appreciated. Regards Carper

Technotiger 13:49 28 Nov 2007

Hi, I would run Ccleaner click here then do a re-boot and download Codec pack again. Good luck.

click here

carper 10:59 29 Nov 2007

Sorry Technotiger not the answer. I use Ccleaner after every session and I have also tried Reg Scrub and System mechanic and it always the same.
Seems like I have to try something else

carper 11:02 30 Nov 2007

I have at least now found it in the registry but I don't know how to modify it. Any suggestions please. Regards Carper.

Stuartli 11:13 30 Nov 2007

Same problem:

click here

Possible solutions:

click here

click here

There are other examples with different programs' installations.

Seems to be an Installer problem.

carper 14:44 30 Nov 2007

Thank you Stuartli for your link to my posting in another forum. A you can see no real joy there.
I take the suggestion in your links about possible spyware interference and will try a download with all spyware disabled.

Thanks again regards Carper

carper 10:47 11 Dec 2007

Regret still not resolved. It would appear to be an installation problem as the file is on my desktop but it when installing that the error comes up. Still trying. Regards Carper

MAJ 11:20 11 Dec 2007

Where are you downloading it from, carper? I always use this link, never hada problem. click here

You could also try CCCP if you wish. click here

carper 11:56 11 Dec 2007

MAJ,
Thanks for your reply, but as I said the problem is not in the downloading. The file is sitting on my desktop but will not install and I always get the error as above.

Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?