Kindle and Project Gutenberg

exdragon 17:51 12 Jan 2011

Hi - I've just downloaded a book from PG, and the only download option was to Kindle for PC, which is shown as the default option.

If I connect the Kindle using the USB lead and 'Browse', all I get showing up are the applications for the device. I can't use Calibre as I don't know where the book is on the PC.

Using Search on the PC hasn't shown any results so far - any clues, anyone, please?

Thanks

exdragon 18:07 12 Jan 2011

Found it, got it.

uk-wizard 18:09 12 Jan 2011

"All our ebooks can be freely downloaded: Choose between ePub, Kindle, HTML and simple text formats." from their website.
I have use ePub, HTML and text and downloaded successfully and transfered to my Sony ebook, I think you need to try again - make a folder in your 'my documents' folder first and call it ebooks and store it there.

uk-wizard 18:10 12 Jan 2011

Beat me to it! Enjoy

tullie 18:18 12 Jan 2011

I tried that site,dowloaded to my download folder,plugged Kindle into PC,then copied and pasted into the Documents folder in the Kindle

Forum Editor 18:39 12 Jan 2011

"then copied and pasted into the Documents folder in the Kindle"

Which is the way to do it.

Catastrophe 20:44 12 Jan 2011

I hope it not inappropriate to add that I just started using Kindle and find it excellent.

exdragon 09:53 13 Jan 2011

One of those times when you get a mental block, I'm afraid. all sorted now. Fascinating, isn't it, finding old favourite books and looking for new authors?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?